NeTEx Part 2 is the description of the Scheduled Timetables exchange format.
NeTEx Part 2 relies on NeTEx part 1 for the network topology.
It covers all scheduled timetables (service patterns, service journeys, timetabled passing times, day types, timetable versions, vehicle equipment mainly for mobility issues):
• Basic time related data (shared by all the domains): journey patterns, journey times, service patterns, operating days, interchanges, etc.
• Passenger information specific objects: passing times, etc.
• Data used specifically in the exchanges between the scheduling and vehicle monitoring systems (additional scheduled data, such as blocks and related concepts)
• Data used in and/or defined by the vehicle monitoring systems, data linked to vehicle equipment and necessary for passenger information systems (mainly for SIRI)
• Additional data related to the exchanges AVMS/passenger information
NeTEx Part 2 is based on a former European standards: Transmodel, IFOPT, SIRI and on specific needs for rural, inter-urban and long distance train operation and flexible transport network that will therefore encompass all public transport.