Regulation (EU) No 305/2011 (Construction products) Note: The sentence regarding "ability to release" in Clause 1, Scope (of EN 14351-1:2006+A2:2016) is excluded from the scope of the reference.
This European Standard identifies material independent performance characteristics, except
resistance to fire and smoke control characteristics, that are applicable to windows (including roof
windows, roof windows with external fire resistance and door height windows), external pedestrian
doorsets (and their assemblies, including unframed glass doorsets, escape route doorsets) and
Fire resisting and/or smoke control characteristics for pedestrian doorsets and openable windows are
covered by EN 16034.
This European Standard applies to:
a) fixed windows or fixed lights, manually or power operated windows and door height windows,
and screens for installation in vertical wall apertures and roof windows for installation in roofs,
1) related hardware, if any;
2) weather stripping, if any;
3) glazed apertures when intended to have glazed apertures;
4) with or without incorporated shutters and/or shutter boxes and/or blinds;
and manually or power operated windows, roof windows, door height windows and screens that
5) fully or partially glazed including any non-transparent infill;
6) fixed or partly fixed or openable with one or more casements/sashes (e.g. hinged, projecting,
b) manually operated external pedestrian doorsets with flush or panelled leaves, complete with:
1) integral fanlights, if any;
2) adjacent parts that are contained within a single frame for inclusion in a single aperture, if
The windows covered by this standard are not assessed regarding their ability to release (to open).
The products covered by this European Standard are not assessed for structural applications.
This European Standard does not apply to:
— rooflights according to EN 1873 and EN 14963;
— curtain walling according to EN 13830;
— industrial, commercial and garage doors and gates according to EN 13241;
— internal pedestrian doorsets according to prEN 14351-2;
— revolving doorsets;
— power operated pedestrian doorsets according to EN 16361;
— windows intended to be part of internal partition.