Withdrawn from 15.04.2021
This European Standard applies to rear loaded refuse collection vehicles (RCV), as defined in 3.2.
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to the rear loaded RCV, when it is used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer, throughout its foreseeable lifetime, as defined in Clause 4.
This European Standard is applicable to the design and construction of the rear loaded RCV so as to ensure that it is fit for its function and can be operated, adjusted and maintained during its entire lifetime. It is not applicable to the end of life of the rear loaded RCV.
This part 1 describes and defines the safety requirements of rear loaded RCVs excluding the interface tailgate/discharge door with the lifting device(s) and the lifting device(s) as illustrated in Figure A.1.
Safety requirements for the lifting device(s) and the interface with the tailgate/discharge door are defined in EN 1501-5.
This European Standard is not applicable to:
- operation in severe conditions, e.g. extreme environmental conditions such as:
- below - 25 °C and above + 40 °C temperatures;
- tropical environment;
- wind velocity in excess of 75 km/h;
- contaminating environment;
- corrosive environment;
- operation in potentially explosive atmospheres;
- handling of loads the nature of which could lead to dangerous situations (e.g. hot wastes, acids and bases, radioactive materials, contaminated waste, especially fragile loads, explosives);
- operation on ships.
This European Standard is not applicable to machinery which is manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN.