Withdrawn from 01.11.2017
This European Standard specifies safety requirements and test methods related to materials, safety,
performance for classified floating leisure articles for use on and in water in accordance with Clause 4 (see Table 1).
This document (EN 15649 1) is only applicable with EN 15649 2 and the relevant specific parts (EN 15649 3 to EN 15649 7).
NOTE 1 Specific safety requirements are specified in the specific parts EN 15649-3 to EN 15649-7.
NOTE 2 The specific parts can include exclusions from the general requirements specified in this document and/or EN 15649-2.
This standard is not applicable to:
- aquatic toys according to Directive 2009/48/EC (use in shallow waters / use under supervision);
- inflatable boats with a buoyancy > 1 800 N according to Directive 94/25/EC;
- buoyant aids for swimming instructions according to Directive 89/686/EEC;
- air mattresses which are not specifically designed or intended for use on the water (e.g. velour bed, self inflating mattress and rubberized cotton air mattress);
- floating seats for angling purposes;
- surf sports type devices (e.g. body boards, surf boards);
- water ski, wakeboard or kite surfing board;
- devices made from rigid materials e.g. wood, aluminium, hard or non-deformable plastic;
- devices which are kept in shape by permanent air flow;
- rings intended for use on water slides;
- wading devices.