The present document specifies technical characteristics and methods of measurements for VHF radiotelephone with the following characteristics:
• operating in the channels and frequencies specified in the ITU Radio Regulations appendix 18 as applicable, allocated to the maritime mobile service;
• using either 25 kHz or 25 kHz and 12,5 kHz channels and associated equipment for DSC - class D;
• capable of operating on single frequency and two-frequency channels with manual control (simplex);
• supporting dual frequency simplex operation only;
• using phase modulation, G3E (frequency modulation with pre-emphasis of 6 dB/octave) for speech, and G2B for DSC signalling.
Full duplex operation is not supported.
The present document does not provide technical requirements for conformance with the essential requirements of Directive 2014/53/EU for any integrated GNSS receiver providing locating function.
NOTE 1: Additional VHF channels for maritime use outside those defined by appendix 18 to the Radio Regulations may also be provided where permitted by administration.
NOTE 2: The relationship between the present document and essential requirements of article 3.2 and article 3.3(g) of Directive 2014/53/EU is given in annex A.