1 Scope and object
This clause of Part 1 is applicable except as follows:
1.1.1 Equipment included in scope
Replace the first paragraph by the following:
This group safety publication is primarily intended to be used as a product safety standard for
the products mentioned in the scope, but shall also be used by technical committees in the
preparation of their publications for products similar to those mentioned in the scope of this
standard, in accordance with the principles laid down in IEC Guide 104 and lSO/lEC Guide 51.
This Part 2 of IEC 61010 specifies safety requirements for electrical equipment and their
accessories within the categories a) through c), wherever they are intended to be used,
whenever that equipment incorporates one or more of the following characteristics:
– A REFRIGERATING SYSTEM that is acted on or impacted by an integral heating function such
that the combined heating and cooling system generates additional and/or more severe
HAZARDS than those for the two systems if treated separately.
– The materials being treated in the intended application introduce significant heat into the
REFRIGERATING SYSTEM that the cooling system in the application yield additional and/or
more severe HAZARDS than those for the cooling system if operated at the maximum RATED
– An irradiation function for the materials being treated presenting additional HAZARDS.
– A function to expose the materials being treated to excessive humidity, carbon dioxide,
salt mist, or other substances which may result in additional HAZARDS.
– A function of MECHANICAL MOVEMENT presenting additional HAZARDS.
– Provision for an OPERATOR to walk-in to the operating area to load or unload the materials