IEC 60335-2-82:2017+A1:2020 deals with the safety of electric commercial amusement machines and personal service machines, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances. Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are:
- amusement machines;
- bowling machines;
- driving simulators;
- gaming machines;
- kiddie rides;
- laser shooting appliances;
- pinball machines;
- video games;
- personal service machines;
- card re-value machines;
- currency dispensers;
- luggage lockers;
- weighing machines;
- shoe shining appliances.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by users and maintenance persons. For appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary. This standard does not apply to:
- appliances intended exclusively for household use;
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- appliances for washing cars;
- dispensing appliances and vending machines (IEC 60335-2-75);
- appliances within the scope of IEC 60065, such as jukeboxes and household video games;
- appliances within the scope of IEC 60950-1, such as copying machines, ticket machines and automatic teller machines;
- appliances intended to be used when a trained attendant is present, such as virtual reality systems;
- equipment intended exclusively for fairgrounds, such as carousels;
- self-balancing personal transport devices.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2002 including its Amendment 1 (2008) and its Amendment 2 (2015). This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- It is clarified that 22.44 is not applicable to amusement machines;
- Modified some Notes to make them normative text (5.6, 11.2, 11.8, 15.2.101, 15.2.102, 15.2.104, 15.3, 19.4, 19.101, 24.101, 24.102) and
- Reference to 22.106 is made in Annex R.
This publication has been drafted in accordance with the ISO/IEC Directives, Part 2. This part 2-82 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of IEC 60335-1:2010, its Amendment 1:2013 and its Amendment 2:2016. The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this publication be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of publication.
This consolidated version consists of the third edition (2017) and its amendment 1 (2020). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.