IEC 60519-6:2022 is applicable to equipment using high frequency or microwave energy alone or in combination with other kinds of energy for industrial heating and processing of materials. It is also applicable to HF and MW generators made available to users as separate units.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2011.
This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the structure has been redrafted according to the IEC 60519-1:2020;
- the scope and object have been redrafted;
- the terms/definitions, normative references and bibliography have been updated and completed;
- all requirements and content from IEC 60519-6:2011 which are included in IEC 60519-1:2020 were removed to avoid any duplication;
- inclusion of high frequency equipment which was previously covered by IEC 60519-9:2005 (withdrawn).
This edition constitutes an extension to high frequency equipment.