IEC 62228-5:2021(E) specifies test and measurement methods for EMC evaluation of Ethernet transceiver ICs under network condition. It defines test configurations, test conditions, test signals, failure criteria, test procedures, test setups and test boards. It is applicable for transceiver of the Ethernet systems
• 100BASE-T1 according to ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3/AMD1;
• 100BASE-TX according to ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3;
• 1000BASE-T1 according to ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3/AMD4
• the emission of RF disturbances;
• the immunity against RF disturbances;
• the immunity against impulses;
• the immunity against electrostatic discharges (ESD).