IEC 63112:2021 is applicable to low voltage Photovoltaic Earth-Fault Protection Equipment (PV-EFPE) whose function is to detect, interrupt, and warn system operators of earth faults in solar photovoltaic arrays. This document specifies:
- the types and levels of the monitoring and protection functions that may be provided;
- the nature and timing of responses to earth faults;
- test methods for validating the monitoring and protection functions provided;
- requirements for functional safety and fault tolerance;
- requirements for product safety including construction, environmental suitability, markings, documentation, and testing.