This document presents the requirements for requirements management (RM) for space projects.
This document addresses the space programme/project management requirements, applicable through a top-down approach in a contractual relationship between customers and suppliers.
The objective of this document is to state and establish a common reference framework for all the customers and suppliers in the space sector to deploy requirements management for all space products and projects.
This document on requirements management includes
- a definition of the requirements management scope for the space sector,
- the standard processes for requirements management within the product lifecycle management, and
- a set of rules for requirements management activities to be implemented by the actors (customers and suppliers), including rules derived from best practices.
The primary target audience for this document includes
- the requirements management/systems engineering process owners of the customers and suppliers,
- the programme/project managers managing the space programmes, and
- the chief engineers and the quality managers.
The term "programme" is understood as a group of several projects. Both "programme" and "Project" can be used in the same context throughout this document.
In addition, this document allows customer/supplier flexibility in its implementation and tailoring.