This document describes and lists the characteristics of the Precise Relative Location Referencing Method (PRLRM) which describes precise relative locations in the context of geographic databases and is used to locate transport-related objects in an encoder system as well as in the decoder side.
This document does not define a physical format for implementing the PRLRM. However, the requirements for physical formats are defined. This document does not define details of the Precise Relative Location Referencing System (PRLRS), i.e. how the PRLRM is to be implemented in software, hardware or processes.
This document specifies PRLRM, comprising:
- conceptual data model for Location Referencing Methods (LFMs);
- specification of location referencing for precise relative information;
- use cases for Precise Relative Location References (informative Annex C);
- use cases for elements of Precise Relative Location References (informative Annex D);
- implementation of Precise Relative Location References (Japanese example) (informative Annex E).
This document defines methods that enable exchange location information of the object to be referenced in the lane or the lane junction. This document does not specify the road (link) on which the object of reference exists.