This document specifies the CXPI data link layer and the CXPI physical layer.
The DLL is based on:
- priority-based CXPI network access;
- non-destructive content-based arbitration;
- broadcast frame transfer and acceptance filtering; and
- node related error detection and error signalling.
The CXPI physical layer (PHY) requirements comprise of:
- physical signalling (PS) sub-layer, which specifies the requirements of the clock generation function, the encoding and decoding of CXPI frames, and bit-wise collision resolution logic;
- physical media attachment (PMA) sub-layer, which specifies the requirements of the signal shaping waveform logic;
- physical media dependent (PMD) sub-layer, which specifies the requirements of the CXPI network termination, electrostatic discharge protection, etc., and device connector requirements; and
- physical media (PM), which specifies the requirements of the CXPI network cable/wiring harness.