This document presents a model for cloud records management and outlines the risks and issues that are considered by records managers before adopting cloud services for records management. The model for cloud records management includes a stakeholder model, processes, metadata, architecture, and use cases. Risks and issues are classified into those originating from cloud services internally and those originating from cloud services externally. Internal risks are associated with cloud services, systems and stakeholders. External risks and issues can occur in the social and legal context in which cloud services operate.
The target audience of this document includes:
- records, information, knowledge, and governance professionals;
- cloud service architects;
- archivists using cloud services for managing records;
- developers of cloud-deployed records management software;
- ICT staff; and
- providers of cloud-based records management services.