This document defines the concept of how to design the connection interfaces for adaptive and tool items, limited to any kind of standardized connections, together with the usage of the related properties and domains of values.
This document specifies the requirements of simplified 3D models for data exchange of connection interface.
Not all dimensions given in this document are defined in the ISO 13399 series.
The following are outside the scope of this document:
- applications where these standard data can be stored or referenced;
- concept of 3D models for cutting tools;
- concept of 3D models for cutting items;
- concept of 3D models for other connection interfaces not being described in the scope of this document;
- concept of 3D models for adaptive items;
- concept of 3D models for assembly items and auxiliary items.