(1) This document gives basic rules for the selection of materials and execution of masonry to enable it to comply with the design assumptions of the other parts of Eurocode 6.
(2) This document deals with ordinary aspects of masonry design and execution including:
- selection of masonry materials;
- factors affecting the performance and durability of masonry;
- masonry detailing, joint finishes, movement joints, resistance of buildings to moisture penetration;
- storage, preparation and use of materials on site;
- execution of masonry;
- masonry protection during execution;
(3) This document does not cover the following items:
- aesthetic aspects;
- applied finishes;
(1) The assumptions of EN 1990 apply to this document.
(2) This document is intended to be used together with EN 1990, EN 1991, EN 1996 1-1, EN 1996-1-2 and EN 1996-3.
(3) The design of masonry is carried out in accordance with EN 1996 1 1.