This document specifies the safety, design, construction as well as performance requirements and testing for pneumatic pressure regulators and safety devices for burners and appliances burning one or more gaseous fuels, hereafter referred to as ‘pressure regulators’.
This document is applicable to:
- pressure regulators with declared maximum inlet pressure above 50 kPa up to and including 500 kPa, of nominal connection size up to and including DN 250 for use with one or more fuel gases in accordance with EN 437;
- pressure regulators incorporating safety devices;
- pressure regulators and safety devices which use auxiliary energy; and
- stand-alone pressure regulators or pressure regulators equipped with a control device for maximum or minimum gas pressure.
This document is not applicable to:
- pressure regulators that are connected directly to mains pipe-work or to a container that maintains a standard distribution pressure;
- pressure regulators intended for gas appliances to be installed in the open air and exposed to the environment.