This Part of IEC 61980 addresses communication and activities of magnetic field wireless power transfer (MF-WPT) systems.
The requirements in this document are intended to be applied for MF-WPT systems accordin to IEC 61980-3 and ISO 19363.
The aspects covered in this document include:
- operational and functional characteristics of the MF-WPT communication system and related activities
- operational and functional characteristics of the positioning system
The following aspects are under consideration for future documents:
- requirements for two- and three-wheel vehicles,
- requirements for MF-WPT systems supplying power to EVs in motion, and
- requirements for bidirectional power transfer
Note: Any internal communication at Supply device or EV device is not in the scope of this document