This part of IEC 61980 applies to the off-board supply equipment for wireless power transfer via magnetic field (MF-WPT) to electric road vehicles for purposes of supplying electric energy to the RESS (rechargeable energy storage system) and/or other on-board electrical systems. The MF-WPT system operates at standard supply voltage ratings per IEC 60038 up to 1 000 V AC and up to 1 500 V DC from the supply network. The power transfer takes place while the electric vehicle (EV) is stationary.
Off-board supply equipment fulfilling the requirements in this document are intended to operate with EV devices fulfilling the requirements described in ISO 19363.
The aspects covered in this document include
- the characteristics and operating conditions,
- the required level of electrical safety,
- requirements for basic communication for safety and process matters if required by a MF111 WPT system,
- requirements for positioning to assure efficient and safe MF-WPT power transfer, and
- specific EMC requirements for MF-WPT systems.
The following aspects are under consideration for future documents:
- requirements for MF-WPT systems for two- and three-wheel vehicles,
- requirements for MF-WPT systems supplying power to EVs in motion, and
- requirements for bidirectional power transfer.
- requirements for flush mounted primary devices
- requirements for MF-WPT systems for heavy duty vehicles
- requirements for MF-WPT systems with inputs greater than 11,1 kVA
This standard does not apply to
- safety aspects related to maintenance, and
- trolley buses, rail vehicles and vehicles designed primarily for use off-road.
NOTE The terms used in this document are specifically for MF-WPT.