This document describes requirements related to ingredients used in e-liquids and e-liquid components.
- specifies ingredient purity and related supply chain requirements;
- specifies ingredient exclusion criteria based on function and toxicological properties;
- specifies the need for a toxicological risk assessment and provides guidance on the content of this as well as specifying competency requirements for those responsible for it;
- specifies nicotine content versus label claim over shelf life and performance characteristics of the analytical method used to measure the nicotine;
- specifies pH limits for the e-liquid;
- provides guidance on the measuring of emissions;
- specifies certain ingredient-related product labelling;
- provides guidance on ingredients that should not be used in e-liquids;
- provides guidance on maximum levels in finished e-liquid for certain undesirable constituents that may occur in natural extracts used as flavourings.
This document does not apply to packaging, vaping devices or refill container materials/ingredients.