This document specifies the characteristics of adjustable rod ends with self-aligning double row ball bearing with reduced internal radial clearance and threaded shank in corrosion resisting steel, designed to withstand only slow rotations and oscillations under load.
They consist of:
- a rod end comprising:
- circumferential groove to identify location;
- either seals or shields;
- an optional longitudinal groove for locking purpose;
- an inner ring with balls.
These rod ends are intended for use with flight control rods or rods for aerospace structures.
They are intended to be used in the temperature range: −54 °C to 150 °C.
However, being lubricated with the following greases:
- very high pressure grease, ester type (code A), operational range −73 °C to 121 °C; or
- very high pressure grease, synthetic hydrocarbons, general purpose (code B), operational range −54 °C to 177 °C (see EN 2067);
their field of application when lubricated with code A grease is limited to 121 °C.