Basically OML is the data exchanging format that is designed to facilitate exchanging the
omics data around the world without forcing to change any database schema.
- From Informatics side of view, OML is the data exchanging format based on XML. Here the
data exchanging format in the messaging and communication is in the scope, but the
database schema itself is out of the scope of this document.
- From biological side of view, all kinds of omics are in consideration and are in the scope of
this document, the genomic sequence variations and the whole genomic sequence are out of
the scope of this document.
- In otherwise, the annotations as clinical concerns and the relation with other omics concerns
are in the scope of this document.
- Though omics exist in various biological species, the scope of this document is in the
human health associated species as human, cell line, and preclinical animals. The other
biological species are out of the scope of this document.
- The clinical field is in the scope of this document, but the basic research fields and other
scientific fields are out of the scope of this document.
- Here the clinical trials including drug discovery is in the scope of this document. As for
supposed application fields, our main focus is in human health including clinical practice,
preventive medicine, translational research, and clinical researches.