IEC 60335-2-67:2021 deals with the safety of powered floor treatment machines intended for commercial indoor or outdoor use for the following applications:
- wet or dry pick-up,
- polishing and dry buffing,
- application of wax, sealing products and powder based detergents,
- stripping, grinding and scarifying
of floors with an artificial surface.
These machines have a cleaning motion which is more lateral or periodic than linear.
By contrast, the cleaning motion of machines covered by IEC 60335-2-72 is more linear than lateral or periodic.
This standard applies to machines for commercial use. The following list, although not comprehensive, gives an indication of locations that are included in the scope:
- public use areas such as hotels, schools, hospitals;
- industrial locations, for example factories and manufacturing shops;
- retail outlets, for example shops and supermarkets;
- business premises, for example offices and banks;
- all uses other than normal housekeeping purposes.
These machines are not equipped with a traction drive.
Machines for the same intended function but equipped with a traction drive are covered by IEC 60335 2-72.
The following power systems are covered:
- internal combustion engines,
- mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances,
- battery-operated machines.
Battery-operated machines may be equipped with a built-in battery charger.
This standard does not apply to:
- vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances for household use (IEC 60335 2 2);
- floor treatment appliances for household use (IEC 60335-2-10);
- spray extraction machines for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-68);
- wet and dry vacuum cleaners, including power brush, for commercial use (IEC 60335 2 69);
IEC 60335-2-68 and IEC 60335-2-69 cover only machines without traction drive.
- floor treatment machines with or without traction drive, for commercial use (IEC 60335 2 72);
- hand-held and transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745 series, IEC 61029 series, IEC 62841 series);
- machines designed for use in corrosive or explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas);
- machines designed for picking up hazardous dusts (as defined in IEC 60335-2-69), inflammable substances, or glowing particles;
- machines designed for use in vehicles or on board of ships or aircraft.
This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2012 and its Amendment 1: 2016. It constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- editorial and technical alignment with IEC 60335-1:2020.
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the sixth edition (2020) of that standard.