IEC 60350-1:2016+A1:2021 specifies methods for measuring the performance of electric cooking ranges, ovens, steam ovens, and grills for household use. The ovens covered by this standard may be with or without microwave function. Manufacturers should define the primary cooking function of the appliance microwave function or thermal heat. The primary cooking function should be measured with an existing method according to energy consumption. If the primary cooking function is declared in the instruction manual as a microwave function, IEC 60705 is applied for energy consumption measurement. If the primary cooking function is declared as a thermal heat, then IEC 60350-1 is applied for energy consumption measurement. If the primary function is not declared by the manufacturer, the performance of the microwave function and thermal heat should be measured as far as it is possible. This standard defines the main performance characteristics of these appliances which are of interest to the user and specifies methods for measuring these characteristics. This standard does not specify a classification or ranking for performance. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- new definitions for "set to off mode" and "set to standby mode" are included in Clause 3;
- reference to ISO 80000 regarding rounding;
- more exact determination of the mass of the appliances (6.2);
- update of the existing 7.3 in order to improve the clarity of procedure;
- additional temperature requirement in 7.4.3 to ensure an adequate temperature setting during the energy measurement process;
- editorial changes in 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52;
- revision of Clause 8 in order to increase the repeatability for the measurements for steam ovens;
- Clause 12 "Standby power" is renamed to "Consumption measurement of low power modes" and the content is adapted for IEC 62301:2011;
- replacing the supplier for the colouring measurement device in Clause C.6, because the previous device is no longer available;
- adaptation of Annex A to the new supplier of colouring measurement devices;
- adaptation of Annex E;
- measurement method for measuring the consumption of the cooling down period is added in the informative, new Annex G;
- measurement method to check applied microwave energy during the measurement according to 7.4 is added in the informative Annex H;
- new Annex I for marking the temperature setting for checking the oven temperature.
The contents of the Interpretation Sheet 1 of March 2021 have been included in this copy.