IEC 60730-1:2013+A1:2015+A2:2020 applies to automatic electrical controls for use in, on, or in association with equipment for household and similar use. The equipment may use electricity, gas, oil, solid fuel, solar thermal energy, etc., or a combination thereof. This standard is applicable to controls for building automation within the scope of ISO 16484. This standard also applies to automatic electrical controls for equipment that may be used by the public, such as equipment intended to be used in shops, offices, hospitals, farms and commercial and industrial applications. This standard is also applicable to individual controls utilized as part of a control system or controls which are mechanically integral with multifunctional controls having non electrical outputs. This standard is also applicable to relays when used as controls for IEC 60335 appliances. Additional requirements for the safety and operating values of relays when used as controls for IEC 60335 appliances are contained in Annex U. This standard does not apply to automatic electrical controls intended exclusively for industrial process applications unless explicitly mentioned in the relevant part 2 or the equipment standard. This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2010. It constitutes a technical revision. The major changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- modification of the title and scope;
- revisions to Clause H.26 based on changes in technology, applications, and to improve consistency and layout;
- modification to Table H.12 to align with CISPR 22;
- revisions to Annex J to correlate the fault modes of thermistors and to exempt thermistors used in conjunction with type 1 controls in SELV low power circuits from the tests specified in Annex J;
- new requirements covering battery-powered controls, and the use of batteries in controls;
- revision addressing the exclusion of relay faults;
- new/updated requirements in Clause 24, for switch mode power supplies;
- revisions covering the allowance of screwless-type clamping units complying with IEC 60999-1;
- new requirements addressing remotely actuated control functions;
- addition of a new/updated leakage current diagram to align the Annex E diagram with the diagram in IEC 60990 and updated requirements for temperature sensing controls. The contents of the corrigendum of September 2014 have been included in this copy.
This consolidated version consists of the fifth edition (2013), its amendment 1 (2015) and its amendment 2 (2020). Therefore, no need to order amendments in addition to this publication.