IEC 60794-3-40: 2022 is a family specification that covers sewer cables and conduits for installation by blowing and/or pulling in man accessible and non-man accessible storm and sanitary sewers. Systems built with components covered by this document are subject to the requirements of sectional specification IEC 60794-3. Sewer cable and conduit constructions need to meet the different requirements of the sewer operating companies and/or associations regarding chemical, environmental, operational, cleaning and in general maintenance conditions. Preferential applications, describing sewer cable characteristics versus methods of installation is reported in Annex A and Annex B for non-man accessible sewers. Clause 5 describes characteristics of sewer cables and conduits for installation by blowing, pulling or other means in storm and sanitary sewers. Detail specifications can be prepared on the basis of this family specification. It is important that acceptance criteria are interpreted with respect to this consideration. The number of fibres tested is representative of the sewer cable and is agreed between the customer and the supplier. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2008. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- this document follows the new structure for family specifications: symbols and abbreviations were included in Clause 3, and Clause 4 became the General requirements with 4.1 Optical fibres, 4.2 Cable element and 4.3 Optical fibre cable construction;
- Annex D has been removed as it is part of IEC TR 62691;
- this document has been streamlined by cross-referencing IEC 60794-1-1, IEC 60793-2, IEC 60794-3 and the IEC 60794-1-2x series;
- the fibre strain allowance for tensile tests was updated;
- characteristics Table 5, Table 6, Table 7 were moved to the Annex A (informative).