IEC 60947-4-2:2020 applies to semiconductor motor controllers, starters and soft-starters which can include a series mechanical switching device, intended to be connected to circuits the rated voltage of which does not exceed 1 000 V AC.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- scope exclusions;
- editorial correction of notes and hanging paragraphs;
- reference to IEC 62683-1;
- safety aspects related to:
- general aspects;
- limited energy circuits;
- electronic circuits;
- mention of dedicated wiring accessories;
- power consumption measurement;
- alignment to IEC 60947-1:2020.