IEC 61158-5-2:2019 (E) defines the services provided to the FAL user at the boundary between the user and the application layer of the fieldbus reference model, and Systems Management at the boundary between the application layer and Systems Management of the fieldbus reference model. This standard specifies the structure and services of the Type 2 fieldbus application layer, in conformance with the OSI Basic Reference Model (ISO/IEC 7498-1) and the OSI application layer structure (ISO/IEC 9545).
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2014. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
• addition of a data type in 5.3.2;
• clarifications of Object management ASE in 6.2.1;
• extensions of General ASE in 22.214.171.124.1;
• extensions/clarifications of Identity ASE in 126.96.36.199.2;
• update of Message Router ASE in 188.8.131.52.4;
• extensions/clarifications of Time Sync ASE in 184.108.40.206.6;
• updates of Parameter ASE in 220.127.116.11.7;
• updates of FAL ASE service specification in 18.104.22.168;
• extensions/clarifications of Connection manager ASE in 6.2.2;
• extensions/clarifications of Connection ASE in 6.2.3;
• extensions/clarifications of Application type in 22.214.171.124.5.
• miscellaneous editorial corrections.