IEC 61914:2021 CMV contains both the official standard and its commented version. The commented version provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between IEC 61914:2021 edition 3.0 and the previous IEC 61914:2015 edition 2.0. Futhermore, comments from IEC SC 23A experts are provided to explain the reasons of the most relevant changes.
IEC 61914:2021 specifies requirements and tests for cable cleats used for securing cables in electrical installations and for intermediate restraints used for holding cables together in formation in electrical installations. Cable cleats provide resistance to electromechanical forces where declared. This document includes cable cleats that rely on a mounting surface specified by the manufacturer for axial and/or lateral retention of cables.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2015. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- requirements for mandrels used in testing rationalised and detailed in the general test requirements (Clause 5);
- definition of liner added and test requirements where liners and other optional parts are used;
- definitions for LV, MV and HV cables added and test requirements where MV & HV cable are used ;
- new corrosion resistance classes for plated products added;
- new requirements and test for durability and legibility of markings added;
- new test requirements for axial load testing of cleats for more than one cable added;
- lateral load test requirements for intermediate restraints added.