IEC 62133-2:2017+A1:2021 specifies requirements and tests for the safe operation of portable sealed secondary lithium cells and batteries containing non-acid electrolyte, under intended use and reasonably foreseeable misuse.
This first edition cancels and replaces the second edition of IEC 62133 published in 2012. It constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 62133:2012:
- separation of nickel systems into a separate Part 1;
- inclusion of coin cell requirements;
- update of assembly of cells into batteries (5.6);
- mechanical tests [vibration, shock] (18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124);
- insertion of IEC TR 62914 within the Bibliography.