IEC 62271-212:2022 is available as IEC 62271-212:2022 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.IEC 62271-212;2022 specifies the service conditions, rated characteristics, general structural requirements and test methods of the assemblies of the main electrical functional units of a high-voltage transformer substation, duly interconnected, for AC voltages up to and including 52 kV on the high-voltage side and service frequency 50 Hz or 60 Hz. The CEADS is cable‑connected to the high-voltage network for indoor and outdoor applications of restricted access. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2016. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- clause numbering aligned with IEC 62271-1:2017,
- rewording of title and scope of the document,
- implement changes on internal arc definition and testing following the evolution of prefabricated substation concept according to IEC 62271-202,
- general review of main test procedures such as temperature rise or dielectric test on interconnections, considering control equipment, communication, smart grid devices and integration of components,
- general review of installation, operation, safety and maintenance requirements.