IEC 62841-4-4:2020 This document applies to hand-held and walk-behind lawn trimmers and lawn edge trimmers, used by a standing operator for cutting grass, weeds or similar soft vegetation, and grass trimmers, brush cutters and brush saws used by a standing operator for cutting grass, weeds, brush, bushes, saplings and similar vegetation.
This document does not apply to:
– hand-held machines having a mass of 18 kg or greater;
– self-propelled lawn trimmers or lawn edge trimmers;
– scissors type lawn trimmers and lawn edge trimmers;
– machines equipped with metallic cutting accessories consisting of more than one piece, e.g. pivoting chains or flail blades;
– edgers with rigid and/or metallic cutting devices.
Annex EE provides an informative summary of characteristics for lawn trimmers, lawn edge trimmers, grass trimmers, brush cutters and brush saws.
Brush cutters and brush saws covered by this document are designed only to be operated with the machine to the right of the operator.