This document provides guidelines for the planning and design of a reverse osmosis (RO) treatment system of municipal wastewater. This document is applicable to practitioners and authorities who intend to implement principles and decisions on RO treatment of municipal wastewater in a safe, reliable and sustainable manner. This document addresses RO treatment systems of municipal wastewater in their entirety and is applicable to any RO treatment system component.
This document provides:
- standard terms and definitions;
- a description of the system components of an RO treatment system of municipal wastewater;
- design principles of an RO treatment system of municipal wastewater;
- statements on the feed water quality and technical requirements of an RO treatment system;
- guidance for operation and maintenance of an RO treatment system;
- specific aspects for consideration and emergency response.
Design parameters and regulatory values of an RO treatment system of municipal wastewater are out of the scope of this document.