This document provides comprehensive requirements and guidance for the planning and engineering of port and marine operations of offshore wind farms, encompassing all documents and works related to such operations, e.g. the design and analysis of the components, systems, equipment and procedures required to perform port and marine operations, as well as the methods or procedures developed to carry them out safely.
This document is intended to be comprehensive, covering all relevant information related to port and marine operations necessary for loadout, offshore transport, installation, offshore commissioning works, operation and maintenance, component exchange, repair operations and decommissioning or redeployment of offshore wind farms.
This document is applicable to port and marine operations for offshore structures including:
- lattice structure foundations made from steel;
- concrete gravity base structures (GBS);
- piled steel foundation or mixed steel and concrete foundation structures;
- subsea templates and similar temporary structures or installation aids;
- steel or mixed material towers, nacelles and blades forming part of the wind turbine generators (WTG);
- floating turbines moored to the seabed;
- self-elevating offshore units for offshore substations or offshore accommodations platforms;
- launching systems at sea from quay side or onshore;
- array cables within the wind farms as well as export cables connecting the wind farm to the grid.
This document is also applicable to modifications of existing structures, e.g. installation of additional modules, exchange of components or decommissioning, and to marine operations during the service life of the windfarm related to the technical maintenance works.
It is not applicable to the following operations:
- construction activities, e.g. in a fabrication yard onshore, where there is no exposure to the marine environment;
- road transport onshore;