This document specifies a reference framework of e-Portfolio implementation that can be used to inform and support development of ITLET systems that meet the requirements of learners, instructors, e-learning service providers and others in contexts such as K-12 education, higher education, training and personal development.
The reference framework identifies content and functional components that support e-Portfolio systems. It addresses interoperability issues required for data exchange between these components and among the various categories.
- provides an e-Portfolio reference framework;
- provides descriptions of e-Portfolios in terms of components (content or functional), categories, elements and items;
- identifies commonalities of current implementations of e-Portfolios; and,
- represents the needs of stakeholders (learners, instructors, etc.).
This document does not include:
- in-depth technical review of issues related to adaptability to culture, language, and human functions;
- security techniques related to the protection of privacy information;
- authentication of the identity of an IT or ITLET system user;
- how e-Portfolios might integrate with ITLET systems; and,
- specific requirements of e-Portfolios or e-Portfolio systems to meet jurisdictional domain requirements.