This document specifies a generic position, velocity and time (PVT) service. It further specifies the PVT service within the ITS station (ITS-S) facilities layer (ISO 21217) and its interface to other functionalities in an ITS-S such as:
- ITS-S application processes (ITS-S-APs), defined in ISO 21217;
- the generic facilities service handler (FSH) functionality of the ITS station facilities layer, defined in ISO/TS 17429.
This document specifies:
- a PVT service which, dependent on a specific implementation, uses a variety of positioning-related sources such as global navigation satellite systems (GNSSs, e.g. GALILEO, GLONASS and GPS), roadside infrastructure, cellular infrastructure, kinematic state sensors, vision sensors;
- a PVT service which merges data from the above-mentioned positioning-related sources and provides the PVT output parameters (carrying the PVT information) including the associated quality (e.g. accuracy);
- how the PVT service is integrated as an ITS-S capability of the ITS station facilities layer;
- the interface function calls and responses (Service Access Point – service primitives) between the PVT ITS-S capability and other functionalities of the ITS station architecture;
- optionally, the PVT service as a capability of the ITS-S facilities layer; see ISO 24102-6;
- an ASN.1 module C-itsPvt, providing ASN.1 type and value definitions (in Annex A);
- an implementation conformance statement proforma (in Annex B), as a basis for assessment of conformity to this document.
NOTE It is outside the scope of this document to define the associated conformance evaluation test procedures.