This document specifies the characteristics to be measured of nano-object-assembled layers on electrodes by means of a solution process and of nano-objects constituting the layers for electrochemical applications such as nano-biosensor or diagnosis applications. It also provides measurement methods for determining the characteristics.
It does not apply to:
- the requirements of nanostructures by top-down nanomanufacturing;
- the subsequent coating of materials such as biomaterials onto nano-object-assembled layers;
- specific health and safety requirements during manufacturing;
- the experimental conditions of electrochemical sensing;
- the packaging, labelling, expiratory dates and transport of nano-object-enhanced electrochemical electrodes.