This document specifies performance requirements for the strength and durability of hardware for the operation of movable sashes of windows and door height windows including requirements and test methods common to all hardware.
This document is applicable to the hardware suitable for windows and door height windows in Table 1, whatever the material used for the construction of the window.
This document does not apply to the following:
- fusible links,
- hardware for lifting side-hung windows,
- fixing devices that are used to assemble or install a fixed window,
- devices that are used for the permanent fixing of a complete window into a building structure,
- mechanisms for the pneumatic or hydraulic remote operation of windows,
- single axis hinges (other than those, which provide a pivot-function for windows),
- single axis hinges as covered in EN 1935,
- hardware for sliding doors and folding doors as covered in EN 1527
- door and window bolts as covered in EN 12051.