This document specifies the characteristics of armourstone for uses, either with or without high safety requirements, in hydraulic structures and other civil engineering works.
This document specifies procedures for assessment and verification of constancy (AVCP) of performances of characteristics of the armourstone as well as marking and labelling of these products.
Armourstone covered in this document are aggregates, obtained by processing natural, manufactured or recycled materials and mixtures of these aggregates.
With regard to the material source and production technique, this document covers natural armourstone (see 3.1.2), manufactured armourstone (see 3.1.3) or recycled armourstone (see 3.1.4). Furthermore, manufactured armourstone are manufactured air-cooled blast furnace slags and manufactured steel slags.
With regard to the size of the armourstone, this document covers armourstone with the following gradings:
(1) coarse grading (see 3.1.8)
(2) light grading (see 3.1.9)
(3) heavy grading (see 3.1.10)
This document does not cover
- aggregates for railway ballast, as these are specified in prEN 13450-1:2021,
- aggregates for construction works, as these are specified in prEN 17555-1:2021.