This European Standard specifies the special conditions and procedures permitting the extension to wider ranges of applicability of the following test methods:
- determination of resistance to hydrostatic pressure;
- verification of the means of initiation;
- determination of transmission of detonation.
Standardised test methods at extreme temperatures for the following purposes are not given:
- determination of sensitiveness to friction;
- determination of sensitiveness to impact;
- determination of resistance to water;
- determination of the initiating capability of boosters;
- determination of velocity of detonation.
NOTE In these cases, the manufacturer of the explosive should provide a suitable test method and, in cases where the results should be checked by an independent institution or authority, the manufacturer and the institution or authority should agree upon a suitable test method.