This document specifies the methods for determining characteristics for grouts used in internal and external installation of ceramic tiles.
This document does not contain performance requirements or recommendations for the design and installation of ceramic tiles.
The following test methods are described:
- Determination of flexural and compressive strength (9.1);
- Determination of water absorption (9.2);
- Determination of shrinkage (9.3);
- Determination of resistance to abrasion (9.4);
- Determination of chemical resistance (9.5).
Grouts for ceramic tiles can be used also for other kinds of tiles (natural and agglomerated stones, etc.), if they do not adversely affect the stones.
WARNING - This document can involve hazardous materials and operations. It is important that persons using this document are familiar with normal laboratory practice. This document does not purport to address all the safety problems, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user to establish appropriate safety and health practices and to ensure compliance with any European and national regulatory conditions.