Service Interface for Real Time Information (SIRI) is a specification for an interface that allows systems running computer applications to exchange information about the planned, current or projected performance of the public transport operations.
The scope of this WI is to update CEN/EN 15531-3:2015 which allows pairs of server computers to exchange structured real-time information about schedules, vehicles, and connections, together with general informational messages related to the operation of the services. The information can be used for many different purposes, for example:
• To provide real time-departure from stop information for display on stops, internet and mobile delivery systems;
• To provide real-time progress information about individual vehicles;
• To manage the movement of buses roaming between areas covered by different servers;
• To manage the synchronisation of guaranteed connections between fetcher and feeder services;
• To exchange planned and real-time timetable updates;
• To distribute status messages about the operation of the services;
• To provide performance information to operational history and other management systems.
Implementations SIRI have revealed a number of improvements and some minor enhancements necessary for a successful and uniform usage of the specification in the future.
The main elements out of this work item will be:
o Prepare an updated edition of the TS as a document
o Update the common XSD of SIRI parts 1-5
The new work item will consider the projects of
o PT companies and IT-suppliers especially in Switzerland, Germany, France, Netherlands and Sweden
o Railway traffic
o accessibility in public transport