This document is applicable to single and double leaf, hinged and pivoted doorsets with timber based leaves or timber framed glazed doors, covered by EN 15269-3 or EN 15269-20.
This document prescribes the methodology for extending the application of test results obtained from durability of self closing test(s) conducted in accordance with EN 1191.
Subject to the completion of the appropriate self closing test(s), the extended application can cover all or some of the following examples:
- door leaf; pass doors;
- glazed elements including vision panels and framed glazed doorsets;
- side, transom and/or overpanels;
- ventilation grilles and/or louvres;
- wall/ceiling fixed elements (frame/suspension system);
- glazing for door leaf, side, transom and flush over panels;
- items of building hardware;
- decorative finishes;
- intumescent, smoke, draught or acoustic seals;
- alternative supporting construction(s).