1.1 Scope of EN 1995 1 2
(1) This document deals with the design of timber structures for the accidental situation of fire exposure and it is intended to be used in conjunction with prEN 1995 1 1 and prEN 1991 1 2.
This document only identifies differences from, or supplements to, normal temperature design.
(2) This document applies to timber structures required to fulfil a loadbearing function, separating function or both.
(3) This document gives principles and application rules for the design of structures for specified requirements in respect of the aforementioned functions and the levels of performance.
(4) This document applies to structures, or parts of structures, that are within the scope of prEN 1995 1 1 and are designed accordingly.
(5) The methods given in this document are applicable to all products covered by harmonized technical specifications made reference to in this document.
(1) In addition to the general assumptions of EN 1990, the following assumptions apply:
- the choice of the relevant design fire scenario is made by appropriate qualified and experienced personnel, or is given by the relevant national regulation;
- any fire protection measure taken into account in the design will be adequately maintained.