The present document contains requirements and measurements methods for the physical interface "A3" that is situated between the power supply system(s) and the power consuming ICT equipment:
• the nominal voltage at power interface "A3" of ICT equipment defined in the present document is DC voltage up to 400 V;
• the output performance of the power equipment including the cable network at the interface "A3";
• the input of the ICT equipment connected to interface "A3".
The DC power can be supplied by a DC output power system e.g. via on-grid AC rectifiers, from DC/DC converters in solar systems, fuel cells, standby generators including a battery backup.
The present document aims at providing compatibility at interface "A3" between the power supply equipment and different ICT equipment (including/monitoring, cooling system, etc.) connected to the same power supply.
The requirements are defined for the purpose of the present document:
• to identify a power supply system with the same characteristics for all ICT equipment defined in the area of application; the area of application may be any location where the interface "A3" is used i.e. telecommunication centres, Radio Base Stations, datacentres and customer premises;
• to facilitate interworking of different loads;
• to facilitate the standardization of power supply systems for ICT equipment;
• to facilitate the installation, operation and maintenance in the same network of ICT equipment and systems from different origins.
• to secure robustness against temporary voltage deviations and transients during abnormal conditions
General requirements for safety and EMC are out of the scope of the present document series unless specific requirement not defined in existing safety or EMC standards.