The present document specifies technical characteristics and methods of measurements for Material Sensing devices for building material analysis (BMA) below 10,6 GHz.
Material Sensing devices for building material analysis below 10,6 GHz within the scope of the present document are covered by UWB or SRD or both UWB and SRD regulations:
1) In case of UWB the relevant ECC and EC regulations are:
- ECC/DEC(07)01; and
- Commission Decision 2019/785/EC for equipment using ultra-wideband technology in a harmonized manner in the Community.
The present document only covers UWB devices that only switch on when in direct contact with the material under investigation (see ECC/DEC(07)01 contact-based sensors and imaging devices).
2) In case of SRD the relevant ECC and EC regulations are:
- ERC/REC 70-03, Annex 6 (2,4 to 2,4835 GHz), Annex 1 (5,725 to 5,875 GHz); and
- Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2019/1345 for SRD, band no. 57b and 61.
NOTE 1: Detailed description of Material Sensing devices categories and sub-categories are provided in clause 4.2.5, table 2a and table 2b.
The radio equipment within scope of the present document is capable of operating in all or part of the frequency bands given in table 1.
Table 1: Permitted range of operation
Permitted range of operation for EUT based on UWB regulation (EU) 2019/785
Transmit 30 MHz to 10,6 GHz
Receive 30 MHz to 10,6 GHz
Permitted range of operation for EUT based on SRD regulation (EU) 2019/1345
Transmit 2,4 GHz to 2,4835 GHz; 5,725 GHz to 5,875 GHz
Receive 2,4 GHz to 2,4835 GHz; 5,725 GHz to 5,875 GHz
NOTE 2: The relationship between the present document and essential requirements of article 3.2 of Directive 2014/53/EU is given in Annex A.