Clause 1 of the general standard1) 156 applies, except as follows:
This particular standard specifies safety requirements for OPERATING TABLES, whether or not having electrical parts, including TRANSPORTERS, used for the transportation of the OPERATING TABLE top to or from the base or pedestal of an OPERATING TABLE with detachable OPERATING TABLE top.
NOTE See also 4.2 of the General Standard.
This particular standard does not apply to
– dental PATIENT chairs;: Dentistry-Stationary dental units and dental patient chair – Part 1 general requirements (see ISO 7494-1)
– examination chairs and couches;
– PATIENT-supporting systems of diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic equipment; (see IEC 60601-2-54 or IEC 60601-2-43)
– OPERATING TABLE heating blankets; (see IEC 60601-2-35)
– PATIENT transfer equipment;
– delivery tables and delivery beds;
– medical beds; (see IEC 60601-2-52 and EN 50637)
– field tables.