The present document contains requirements for:
• the output of the power supply feeding interface A1;
• the input of the ICT equipment connected to interface A1.
The voltage at interface A1 defined in the present document is single phase and three phase AC.
The following voltage range categories are covered:
• Narrow single phase A1n-1p and narrow three phase A1n-3p AC voltage range defined to comply with nominal European AC voltages [i.2].
• Wide single phase A1w-1p and wide three phase A1w-3p AC voltage range for worldwide nominal AC voltages.
The present document aims at providing compatibility between the power supply equipment and both the ICT equipment, and the different load units connected to the same interface A1 (e.g. control/monitoring, cooling system, etc.).
The purpose of the present document is:
• to identify a power supply system with the same characteristics for all ICT equipment defined in the area of application; the area of application may be any location where the interface A1 is used i.e. telecommunication centres, Radio Base Stations, datacentres and customer premises;
• to facilitate interworking of different (types of) loads;
• to facilitate the standardization of power supply systems for ICT equipment;
• to facilitate the installation, operation and maintenance in the same network of ICT equipment and systems from different origins. General requirements for safety and EMC are out of the scope of the present document series unless specific requirement not defined in existing safety or EMC standards.
The present document concerns the requirements for the interface between Information and Communication Technology (ICT) equipment and its power supply. It includes requirements relating to its stability and measurement. Various other references and detailed measurement and test arrangements are contained in informative annexes.