The present document specifies tests applicable to all Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT) equipment accessing the DECT frequency band 1 880 MHz to 1 900 MHz and including provisions for testing other or extended frequency bands as described in ETSI EN 300 175-1 and ETSI EN 300 175-2. Part 2 of the present multi-part deliverable specifies tests applicable to DECT speech and audio transmission using a collection of speech codecs, including Recommendation ITU-T G.726 ADPCM codec, Recommendation ITU-T G.722 "7 kHz codec", "MPEG-4 codec", LC3plus and others.
The aims of the present document are to ensure:
• efficient use of frequency spectrum;
• no harm done to any connected network and its services;
• no harm done to other radio networks and services;
• no harm done to other DECT equipment or its services;
• interworking of terminal equipment via the public network.
The tests of ETSI EN 300 176 are split into two parts:
• the present document (part 1) covers testing of radio frequency parameters, security elements and those DECT protocols that facilitate the radio frequency tests and efficient use of frequency spectrum;
• part 2 describes testing of speech and audio requirements between network interface and DECT PT, or between a DECT CI air interface and alternatively a DECT PT or FT. Part 2 is not applicable to terminal equipment specially designed for the disabled (e.g. with amplification of received speech as an aid for the hard-of-hearing).
DECT terminal equipment consists of the following elements:
a) Fixed Part (FP);
b) Portable Part (PP);
c) Cordless Terminal Adapter (CTA);
d) Wireless Relay Station (WRS) (FP and PP combined);
e) Hybrid Part (HyP) (a PP with capability to act as a FP to provide PP to PP communication).
Details of the DECT Common Interface may be found in ETSI EN 300 175-1, ETSI EN 300 175 parts 2 to 3 , ETSI EN 300 175-4, ETSI EN 300 175 parts 5 to 6, and ETSI EN 300 175 parts 7 to 8. Further details of the DECT system may be found in the ETSI Technical Report ETSI TR 101 178. Information about ULE may be found in the ETSI Technical Specifications ETSI TS 102 939-1 and ETSI TS 102 939-2.