The present document defines the Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) system supporting Voice plus Data (V+D). It specifies:
• the interworking of individual calls between TETRA networks;
• the supplementary services interaction with individual calls between TETRA networks.
The TETRA V+D interworking - basic operation part defines the interworking between TETRA networks over the corresponding interface: the Inter-System Interface (ISI). It comprises the following sub-parts:
• Transport layer independent General design;
• General Design, PSS1 over E.1;
• General Design, SIP/IP;
• Transport layer independent Additional Network Feature - ISI Individual Call (ANF-ISIIC) (the present document);
• Transport layer independent Additional Network Feature - ISI Group Call (ANF-ISIGC) ;
• Transport layer independent Additional Network Feature - ISI Short Data service (ANF-ISISDS);
• Transport layer independent Additional Network Feature - ISI Mobility Management (ANF-ISIMM);
• Generic Speech Format Implementation.
The present document is the ANF-ISIIC sub-part.
Like all other Additional Network Feature (ANF) specifications, those of ANF-ISIIC are produced in three stages, according to the method described in Recommendation ITU-T I.130. The present document contains the stage 1 and 2 descriptions of ANF-ISIIC, and stage 3 description. The stage 1 description specifies the ANF as seen by its users, which are essentially the individual call control entities in both TETRA networks. The stage 2 description identifies the functional entities involved in the ANF and the information flows between them. And the stage 3 description of ANF-ISIIC specifies its protocol.
NOTE 1: According to Recommendation ITU-T I.130, the stage 3 description of a bearer or tele-service addresses the network implementation aspects. Consequently, it comprises two steps: the specifications of all protocols at the various reference points involved in any of the service procedures (notably the service operation) are the first step of the stage 3 description, and the specifications of the functions of the corresponding network entities are its second step.
NOTE 2: The SDL diagrams have not been provided since they can be derived from the specification of the functional entity actions in the stage 2 description.
The present document applies to TETRA networks which support inter-TETRA individual calls. More specifically, it applies to their Circuit Mode Control Entities (CMCE), as defined in clause 14.2 of ETSI EN 300 392-2, and to their ANF-ISIIC entities defined in the stage 2 description.
The relation between the ANF-ISIIC and the transport layer protocol is described in the General Design documents.